We’ve been busy over Pride Month sharing our stories, thoughts and feelings. Here are some of the best bits!
Talk to Someone
- GYRO Liverpool – Liverpool-based group or one to one support for ages 12-25.
- THE Action Youth – for young people aged 12-18 who identify as trans or gender non-conforming or who are questioning their gender identity.
- Switchboard – LGBT+ helpline for advice and support.
- Mermaids – support for gender-diverse young people and their families.
Support the Community
- Mermaid’s Open Letter to JK Rowling
- Fight for the right of identity for the trans community
- Join the LGBT Foundation’s ‘Equality Wins’ campaign
Information and Signposting on becoming better allies
- Gender terminology
- Study by the Proud Trust: ‘How You Can Help Us’
- Straight Allies: How to create safe LGBTQ+ workplaces
LGBTQ+ artists making exceptional work to change our landscape
- Travis Albanza, Artist, Performer & Writer
- Kate O’Donnell, Artistic Director of Trans Creative
- Nathaniel Hall, Theatre Maker, Writer & Performer
- Emma Frankland, Lead Artist of ‘We Dig’
- Le Gateau Chocolat, Artist & Performer